Monday, July 09, 2018

Former Rockville High School Student Amina Alzouma Cast In 'I Am Frankie' Season 2

Rockville, MD - Former Rockville High School student Amina Alzouma was recently cast in the second season of Nickelodeon's hit comedy drama series I Am Frankie! To be on I Am Frankie, Amina had to move to Miami, Florida, where the show is filmed.


Alzouma and her cast mate celebrate being on the Nickelodeon show, “I am Frankie” with a picture. Alzouma moved to Miami, Fla. in March with her mother to film the second season. Photo courtesy of Amina Alzouma.

To get the role, Alzouma’s agent Ani Antonian sent a tape audition to the casting directors of I Am Frankie in February this year. She was then flown out to L.A. for a live audition in front of the show’s producers and directors later in the month. Following her casting, Alzouma moved to Miami Fla. in March, 2018 for the duration of filming, which wrapped in June 2018.

She goes to school near the studio where she studies during the day before filming.

“This is the best experience of my career so far,” Alzouma told Rampage, the Student News Site of Rockville High School. “I’m getting my foot in the door which will help me going forward.”

With Alzouma now in Florida, her family of four in Rockville is now split. Currently, Amina is living with her mother in Florida in a condo paid for by Nickelodeon. Alzouma lives alongside her fellow castmates, who she says she spends a lot of time with.

Back in Rockville, her father is at home with her brother Khalid, a sophomore at RHS.

“My house is a lot quieter. It’s been an interesting transition,” Khalid Alzouma said.

Both the Alzouma children started their careers when they were aged eight at The Finest!, a performance center in Rockville. The siblings also shared a stage in A Change Gon’ Come for several years starting at the DC Black Theater Festival beginning when Amina was seven years old. Prior to I Am Frankie, Alzouma’s biggest role was in the short film Brute (2013) where she played the leading role of an abused young girl.

“I’m happy for her, it’s exciting. It’s Nickelodeon, it’s a big company,” Khalid Alzouma said. “I’m excited for her but it also may mean I have more connections. I think with my sister being on a Nickelodeon show could also help me out.”

Alzouma has also lent her hand in productions at RHS. She played the role of Tiffany in the 2016 spring musical Back to the Totally Awesome 80’s and Veruca Salt in the 2017 spring musical Willy Wonka.

Alzouma hopes to attend California State University, in Los Angeles next year.

I Am Frankie follows Frankie Gaines (Alex Hook), who looks like a typical teenager, but has a very big secret - she's actually a cutting edge, experimental android! The show premiered on Nickelodeon USA in September 2017 and is seen on Nick channels around the world. Season two is slated to premiere on Nick USA in September 2018, followed by a global roll out.

More Nick: Nickelodeon Announces Kids' Choice Sports 2018 Nominees; To Honor Danica Patrick With Legend Award!
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and I Am Frankie News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.