Wednesday, March 01, 2017

"Doop Doop Doobie"; "I GOT OCD" | The Music Of Harvey Beaks | Ego Plum

Harvey Beaks is back with brand-new episodes Wednesdays at 9:00 pm. (ET/PT) on Nicktoons USA starting tonight, Wednesday 1st March 2017! To celebrate, Ego Plum, a composer on Nickelodeon's hit animated series, has unveiled two music videos from the series, which you can check out in the sweet videos below!:

Harvey Beaks | "Doop Doop Doobie" from Rock Bark Rocks!



"Doop Doop Doobie" written, performed by Ego Plum for the fictitious Little Bark band "Lunar Moth," as lead by their charismatic singer "Moth" (also performed by Ego Plum). From the episode "ROCKBARK ROCKS!"

Harvey Beaks | "I GOT OCD" (featuring Leonard Graves Phillips of the DICKIES)



Written by Ego Plum / Lyrics by Leonard Graves Phillips. Leonard Graves Phillips of the legendary Los Angeles punk band THE DICKIES singing on Nickelodeon's Harvey Beaks cartoon series! From the episode, "ROCK BARK ROCKS" where Harvey finds himself at his first rock concert. Special thanks to Aaron Cohen for editing and assembling this video.

Via Ego Plum's official Tumblr blog:

"I think I broke my zipper? | The Music of Harvey Beaks

In the episode “Rock Bark Rocks” Harvey attends his first rock concert and accidentally finds himself caught in a mosh pit. This short chaotic scene reminded me of myself during my first punk shows as a teenager in Los Angeles (It was The Ramones, The Damned, and The Dickies on separate occasions at the Hollywood Palladium). There is a certain level of character building that can only come from getting kicked in the head to your favorite music– and a sense of hope that can only come from falling on your ass in a mosh pit… only to be rescued by a swarm of disembodied hands reaching down to pick you up.

I thought to myself, “Why can’t Harvey be stuck in the pit while one of my favorite punk bands is playing?” So I reached out to singer of the seminal Los Angeles punk band, The Dickies (The inimitable Leonard Graves Phillips) and asked if he wouldn’t mind singing on a 30-second song I wrote. I sent him the instrumental music and waited. A few days later I get a 5am text from Leonard with the following lyrics:

I got OCD. Don’t you pick on me.
Zipper. I think I broke my zipper.

I’m not one to argue with genius. I’ve admired Leonard since I was a kid. I told him it was perfect and a week later he was in my studio recording these very words. I just love that he sat there listening to my song and these were the lyrics that popped in his head. Life is absurd. I love how it came out and so honored to have this tiny connection to my favorite wobbly-voiced musician. Incidentally, this song is far from featured in the episode, it goes by very quickly and it’s low in the mix, but that’s why I put these videos up with the full volume mixes.

THE DICKIES formed in 1977 and are one of the greatest melodic punk bands of all time. Truly underrated, although they did have some much deserved success with the cult film “Killer Klowns from Outer space” and most recently, on the soundtrack to “KICK ASS” with their Banana Splits anthem. Enjoy!
-Ego"

Stay tuned to Nicktoons USA following each weekly premiere for a special a 90-minute block of encore episodes of Harvey Beaks!
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and Harvey Beaks News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.