NICKELODEON’S TOP-RANKED PRESCHOOL PROGRAMMING CONTINUES
TO DRIVE GROWTH FOR CONSUMER PRODUCTS
New Licensees to Join Expanded Categories from Current Partners for Hit Preschool Series PAW Patrol, Shimmer and Shine and Blaze and the Monster Machines
NEW YORK–Feb. 17, 2017 – Nickelodeon today announced the development of consumer products from brand-new licensees and multi-category expansion from current partners for its hit preschool series PAW Patrol, Shimmer and Shine and Blaze and the Monster Machines. With six of the top ten preschool shows on all TV for 2016, Nickelodeon’s portfolio of consumer products continues to grow with consumer appetite for branded toys, costumes, arts and crafts, and more. This year will see: an expansion of the Shimmer and Shine toy line from Fisher-Price, with a new collectible line of Teenie Genies; the debut of PAW Patrol as TY’s first ever licensed Beanie Boos; and more.
“Nickelodeon finished 2016 with the strongest slate of preschool programming we have ever seen and the popularity of our properties has helped drive incredible growth for our consumer products business,” said Pam Kaufman, Chief Marketing Officer and President, Consumer Products, Nickelodeon. “We’ve seen amazing success with PAW Patrol, our number-one licensed preschool property and a top-ten licensed toy property for 2016. As the fanbase of our shows continues to grow, we’re thrilled to work with best-in-class partners and retailers to ensure Nickelodeon products are in every aisle.”
Nickelodeon has teamed up with the following partners on products that will be available this year:
* Apps: Fisher-Price for Think & Learn Smart Cycle®
* Arts and Crafts: Fashion Angels plus new offerings from Colorforms Brand LLC, Crayola, Tara Toys, Cra-z-art, Alex Brands® and Montco
* Construction: Mega Bloks for Shimmer and Shine
* Costumes: Additional characters from Rubie’s Costume Company and Spirit Halloween
* Games and Puzzles: Expanded assortments from Cardinal and University Games
* Furniture: Kid Kraft and Step 2
* Plush: TY
* Publishing: Edda Books USA, Quarto Publishing Group and Topix Media Lab
* Ride-Ons (foot to floor): Moose Mountain
* Sports and Outdoor: Moose Mountain and Pacific Cycle
* Social Expression: American Greetings
* Tech: Sakar
* Toys: Fisher-Price
Nickelodeon, now in its 37th year, is the number-one entertainment brand for kids. It has built a diverse, global business by putting kids first in everything it does. The company includes television programming and production in the United States and around the world, plus consumer products, online, recreation, books and feature films. Nickelodeon’s U.S. television network is seen in more than 90 million households and has been the number-one-rated basic cable network for 20 consecutive years. For more information or artwork, visit http://www.nickpress.com. Nickelodeon and all related titles, characters and logos are trademarks of Viacom Inc. (NASDAQ: VIA, VIAB).
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon Consumer Products and Nick Jr. News and Highlights!