Friday, January 27, 2017

Jonny Gray Talks “Ride”, Sports and Acting

Jonny Gray stars in Nickelodeon's brand-new live-action series Ride as Josh Luders, a super popular, approachable and funny guy who provides comedic relief among his friends. Hailing from western Canada, Josh conceals much of his ambition with a North American laid back attitude.



Jonny was born in London, Ontario, and is probably best known for playing Max, a celebrity snowboarder in Nickelodeon’s popular comedy series Max & Shred. However, he got his big break in 2012, winning a video contest to become a reporter at the annual King’s Cup Elephant Polo Tournament in Thailand. His other credits include Annedroids, Bruno & Boots: Go Jump in the Pool! and Private Eyes.

In his free time, he enjoys playing a number of sports including polo, hockey, football, skateboarding, soccer, skiing and snowboarding. What’s more, he’s not unfamiliar with riding a Horse.

To celebrate Nickelodeon USA starting to premiere and show the networks brand-new live-action series Ride weekdays at 8:00pm ET/PT from Monday 30th January 2017, CelebMix has unveiled a fantastic interview with Jonny, in which he tells us why he’s excited to see what Covington Academy has in store, that you can check out below! Make sure to watch Ride weekdays at 8:00pm from Monday 30th January 2017, only on Nickelodeon USA! Find out more about Ride at nick.com/ride!:


Your big break was in 2012 when you had the chance to report live from a charity event in Thailand. Could you tell us about your experience?

“My trip to Thailand was an incredible opportunity largely because I had never been so far away from home and to such an exotic country. My job was to report on an Elephant polo tournament which raises money to help street Elephants. It was an eye-opener for me.”

Also, winning an all-expense paid trip to Thailand sounds like a dream, doesn’t it?

“It was really a privilege to be chosen. It was an amazing trip and I was incredibly grateful to have the opportunity.”

What did you enjoy the most about being a reporter?

“The best part about being a reporter on this trip was getting to interact with the Elephants. The Elephants in the tournament were actual street Elephants that had been chosen from the community and were given a two-week “holiday” and got to play in this tournament. They were smart and friendly. There was one who would give you a back massage with her trunk or a kiss if you asked.”

How much is Ride different than the previous shows that you played in?

Ride has a different feel from other shows because the cast is so unique, coming from all different parts of the world. It was also totally awesome to film on location in Ireland.”

Living on a farm with lots of Horses, people would think you didn’t have any difficulties when it came to riding, did you?

“I’ve been riding my whole life. I’m more comfortable on a Horse than a bicycle. I’m a polo player though and pretending I had finesse required at a private equestrian school in England was interesting…”

What about snowboarding in Max and Shred?

“I’ve been snowboarding since I was little so working on Max and Shred was really a fun experience.”

You seem to be a master when it comes to sports. Where did your love for sports come from?

“My whole family is sporty and I have two older brothers who I always wanted to keep up with. From the time I was little, I was in love with hockey. Apparently, before I could walk I would try to turn anything into a game of stick and ball. I used to pick tomatoes from our garden and hit them around with a stick. And I used to ride my Pony in a Spiderman costume.”


Going back to Ride, what do you think it is that makes your character Josh so popular?

“Josh is lovable because he is approachable and charming. An all-around nice guy. And although he is kind hearted and easy going, he is a bit of a schemer and has a mischievous side that makes him unpredictable yet fun to be around.”

So, could you quickly identify with him?

“For sure. I saw a lot of myself in Josh and found it easy to get into the rhythm of his sense of humour and well, of course, the mischievous side…”

Would you tell us about the final episode?

“The final episode has some epic twists and cliffhangers and is sure to make viewers excited about another season.”

Here we go then: can the fans expect a new season soon?

“I sure hope so! I’m also stoked to find out what happens next at Covington!”

What do you think has the future got in store for the Covington crew?

“Oh I wouldn’t want to presume or give anything away, but there is sure to be lots of drama and pranks. There is also sure to be a little romance and some new characters to stir it all up. Maybe a new rival school.”

We can’t wait to find out! And what does the future hold for you?

“Well, I have some new projects coming out in the spring and summer. As long as people want to see me, I’ll keep acting. Right now I hope to keep playing Josh at Covington Academy.”

It was really lovely talking to you, Jonny. Is there anything else you want to share with our readers?

“Thanks for taking the time with me. I’d like to thank the fans for continuing to support us and watch Ride. It’s the fans that make it all worthwhile! Love you guys!!”

###


Visit Nick.com/Ride to learn more about the series and its characters and follow @RideOnNickelodeon on Facebook and Instagram. #RIDEonNICKELODEON

More Nick: Kendra Leigh Timmins Talks New Nickelodeon Series "Ride"!
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and Ride News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.