In a super interview with The Arun Mehta Show, Craig Bartlett, the creator of Nickelodeon's iconic '90s animated series Hey Arnold!, had revealed a few more details about Nickelodeon's upcoming brand-new two-part Hey Arnold! television movie, Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie, which will pick up where the original series ended, resolving unanswered questions and plot lines, including Arnold finally getting answers about the whereabouts of his missing parents!:
Among the many things talked about in the interview, Craig revealed that in Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie:
- The kids will be in the fifth grade, going onto the sixth grade;
- The majority of the Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie storyline has been completely rewritten from the ground up, and will only feature a couple of the original sequences that Craig had originally envisioned for the special when it was first planned;
- The first trailer for Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie will likely be released at Comic-Con International: San Diego 2017!
Craig also revealed that:
- The success of Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie MAY* lead to a sixth season of Hey Arnold!, which will feature the kids in sixth grade;
- That he is happy that his original storyline for Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie didn't get made;
- If a sixth season of Hey Arnold! doesn't get ordered, the series may continue as a graphic comic book series.
You can listen to The Arun Mehta Show's fantastic interview with Craig Bartlett, in which they also discuss Hey Arnold!'s 20th anniversary and the once-proposed Hey Arnold! spin-off, The Patakis, in full here on Libsyn!
Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie will premiere this Thanksgiving on Nickelodeon USA!
More Nick: 2017 Yearbook | Nick Swag | Nickelodeon Animation Studio!
[*Correction: An earlier version of this post said that the success would lead to a sixth season. A sixth season is only a possibility, and is not confirmed. Apologies for the mistake. Big thanks to PinkiePie97 for spotting that typo.]
H/T: ToonZone Forums member RebelMan.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon Animation Studio and Hey Arnold!: The Jungle Movie News and Highlights!