Original CONtv Press Release via Business Wire:
CONtv Partners with Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con 2016
Cinedigm’s Direct to Consumer Digital Service to Provide Comic Con Fans with Unlimited Access to the Convention Including a Virtual Reality Show Experience
October 25, 2016 02:33 PM Eastern Daylight Time
LOS ANGELES--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Pop culture fans rejoice as CONtv, the ultimate streaming digital network for Con-goers, announced today an exclusive partnership with Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con at the Los Angeles Convention Center October 28-30th. CONtv audiences will have the opportunity to experience the convention digitally, with the network providing an inside look at must-see panels, events and exclusive interviews with some of the most beloved stars in film, television and the comic book universe.
Video footage from each day of the convention will be used for a full-length documentary encapsulating the L.A. Comic Con experience through the eyes of fans and the industry’s most notable names. Additionally, CONtv will be filming several events in virtual reality, including tours of the floor and Stan Lee’s panel on Sunday, giving fans the opportunity to truly immerse themselves and experience the convention in a whole new way.
This year’s Con will host celebrities including legendary comic book icon and event creator, Stan Lee, as well as Kevin Conroy (original voice of Batman, Batman: The Animated Series), comic book creator Rob Liefeld (Deadpool), Candice Patton (CW’s The Flash), and Shannon Purser (Netflix’s Stranger Things). Also onsite at the convention will be the original cast of Batman, including Adam West, Burt Ward, Julie Newmar, and Lee Meriwether. Audiences will also have the chance to see special appearances by comic book artists including Jimmy Palmiotti and Amanda Conner (Harley Quinn), Gerry Duggan (Deadpool), Andy Park (Tomb Raider) and Rob Denbleyker (Cyanide & Happiness), as well as celebrity cosplayers Kristen Hughey, Britt Bliss, Raychul Moore, Chad Michaels, and many more!
“We couldn't be more thrilled to partner with Stan Lee's L.A. Comic Con and for CONtv to have a prominent presence at the convention,” said Erick Opeka, EVP of Digital Networks for Cinedigm. “CONtv is the ultimate destination for comic super fans, and as Stan is undoubtedly one of the most legendary names in the comic universe, it is important to us to provide our subscribers with the total event experience.”
CONtv will be providing 15-20 hours of full access to convention events including:
* MORE FLASH! – Danielle Panabaker (Dr. Caitlin Snow) returns alongside Patty Spivot – Barry Allen’s love interest (Shantel VanSanten) – and co-stars Candice Patton and Teddy Sears for photos, signings and a special panel to make all Flash fan dreams come true!
* Yes Way! GERARD WAY! – Eisner Award-winning comic creator, acclaimed songwriter and lead singer of My Chemical Romance Gerard Way will be L.A. Comic Con’s special Guest of Honor at a must-see panel from the Hot Topic Main Stage. The panel will include a special unveiling of his new DC comic YOUNG ANIMAL, and fans won’t want to miss the chance to see this true creative genius!
* The Makeup National Championship – The Hot Topic Main Stage will host the first-ever “Makeup National Championship” presented by M.A.C. Cosmetics and Makeup Artist Magazine. Fans will get the chance to put their professional makeup skills to the test to win prizes including $3,000 worth of M.A.C. products, as well as a trip to the Ultimate M.A.C. Experience and $5,000 in cash!
* Nickelodeon’s Miraculous Ladybug and Henry Danger - The voices of Ladybug and Cat Noir, as well as the team behind Nickelodeon’s hit show “Miraculous Ladybug” come together for an exciting panel and fan-signing! The Nick fun will continue as the stars of Nickelodeon’s “Henry Danger,” Jace Norman (Henry Hart) and Cooper Barnes (Captain Man), greet fans and sign autographs.
* Loot Crate Returns – Loot Crate returns as a 2016 sponsor with special unveilings exclusive to Stan Lee’s L.A. Comic Con, alongside a special crate experience that can’t be beat!
CONtv is a digital network devoted to passionate fans of pop culture entertainment. Launched on March 3, 2015, CONtv provides consumers access to thousands of hours of exclusive content showcasing an original slate of programming as well as a vast digital catalog of over 1,200 must-watch titles. Everything from quirky original series, cult television shows and genre movies encompassing sci-fi, horror, fantasy, anime, grindhouse, martial arts action, and more, to live coverage of events at the cons– all available on-demand either in a free, ad-supported format or a low cost, subscription-based model of $4.99/month for premium content. CONtv is available on Roku, Amazon Prime, iOS, Android and Samsung Smart TVs.
Cinedigm (NASDAQ: CIDM) is a leading independent content distributor in the United States, with direct relationships with thousands of digital platforms and retail storefronts, including iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, Wal-Mart and Target, as well as the national Video on Demand platform on cable television. Cinedigm has a distribution library of over 60,000 film and TV episodes.
Additionally, given Cinedigm’s infrastructure, technology, content and distribution expertise, the Company has rapidly become a leader in the quickly evolving over-the-top digital network business. Cinedigm’s first channel, DOCURAMA, launched in May 2014, and is currently available on iOS, Roku, Amazon Prime, Xbox and Samsung, with additional platforms currently being rolled out. Cinedigm launched CONtv on March 3, 2015. The Company’s third OTT channel, DOVE CHANNEL, launched on September 15, 2015 and is a digital streaming subscription service targeted to families and kids seeking high quality and family-friendly content approved by Dove Foundation. Combined, the three streaming channels currently provide more than 5,500 hours of content to viewers across more than 3 million app downloads.
Cinedigm™ and Cinedigm Digital Cinema Corp™ are trademarks of Cinedigm Corp. www.cinedigm.com. [CIDM-G]
About Stan Lee’s Los Angeles Comic Con
On September 27, 2016, in front of the Los Angeles City Council, Stan Lee and the rest of the Comikaze team announced that Stan Lee's Comikaze Expo has been rebranded as Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con. The change underscores the convention’s primary objective of honoring Los Angeles as a mecca for the creation and production of today’s most celebrated pop culture entertainment – and to salute the many L.A.-based professionals involved in the creation of the films, television, comic books, and videogames that energize the sci-fi and pop culture entertainment categories.
Nickelodeon's Henry Danger and Miraculous Ladybug Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con 2016 panel will take place on Sunday 30th October 2016 in Room 408 A B from 10:30am.
Below are the details for the Miraculous Ladybug portion of the panel:
Meet the team behind Miraculous Ladybug and others as they answer your questions about season 1, and where we are headed in season 2. Come dressed as your favorite Miraculous character and you will receive a prize. See previews, win prizes, and join the fun!
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon, Henry Danger and Miraculous Tales of Ladybug & Cat Noir News and Highlights!