2017 on Nickelodeon Latinoamérica
At Nickelodeon Latinoamérica's Nickelodeon Upfront 2017 presentation, Nickelodeon announced:
* Nickelodeon Latinoamérica will continue to premiere more brand-new episodes of local productions Food Hunters and Yo Soy Franky throughout the remaining months of 2016.
* Nickelodeon Latinoamérica will premiere two brand-new locally produced shows in 2017:
- Formula A, a brand-new series that follows the rivalry of two kart drivers called Victoria and Max, both in competition and in love;
- Heidi, Bienvenida a Casa, a brand-new live-action teen series inspired by the 1880 novel Heidi by Johanna Spyri. Heidi, Bienvenida a Casa stars Chiara Francia (Patito Feo, Chica Vampiro) and tells the story of a young girl full of charm who leaves her mountain home for the city.
The series invites viewers to experience the fantasy world of Heidi in a modern day setting. The series is full of humor and songs and takes place in a colorful aesthetic and cinematic setting that creates a magical universe.
The 60×45-minute show, produced entirely in Argentina, is created by Argentinian author Marcela Citterio. The series is a co-production between Mondo TV subsidiary Mondo TV Iberoamerica and Javier Francia of Alianzas Producciones. Heidi, Bienvenida a Casa is slated to debut on Nick LatAm during early 2017.
* Nickelodeon Latinoamérica will also premiere 650 brand-new episodes of hit Nickelodeon shows throughout 2017, including School of Rock, Ride, Pig Goat Banana Cricket (Cerdo Cabra Banana Grillo) and Pinky Malinky, as well as new seasons of Henry Danger, Game Shakers, The Thundermans, SpongeBob SquarePants (Bob Esponja) and The Loud House.
* Nick Jr. Latinoamérica will debut two brand-new preschool series in 2017: Rusty Rivets (26 episodes), which follows the animated adventures of Rusty as he invents his way out of jams by repurposing parts and objects into the wildest, coolest contraptions ever, and Abby Hatcher Monster Catcher, which follows a top-notch monster-catcher who helps friends and monsters solve their problems. Both series are created by Spin Master Entertainment (PAW Patrol).
* Nick Jr. Latinoamérica will also premiere brand-new episodes of current series, including: PAW Patrol, Shimmer & Shine, and Blaze y los Monster Machines, among many others throughout 2017.
* Nickelodeon will debut brand-new multi-platform short-form series online at mundonick.com and on the multi award--winning Nick Play app.
* Additionally, Nickelodeon Latinoamérica also confirmed that Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards will return for the 2017 programming season!
Source: Anime, Manga y TV.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon Latin America News and Highlights!