Honolulu: Get ready to explore at the Bishop Museum in their brand-new exhibit, Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore!
The exhibit features beloved characters Dora and Diego from Nickelodeon's ever popular preschool television series Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go!.
Dora and Diego are joined by their friends Boots the Monkey, Map, Backpack, Isa the Iguana, and Tico the Squirrel. Of course, they'll also need to be on the lookout for Swiper the Fox!
Favorite friends and places from episodes of Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! are incorporated into the exhibit including:
* The Purple Planet: A Purple Planet home invites young visitors to climb inside and slide down the surface of the Purple Planet.
* Rocket Ship: Aboard the Rocket Ship, preschoolers are encouraged to put on a spacesuit, pilot the ship, and test their memory with images of colorful planets as they help Dora and Boots take their friends from outerspace home.
* Constellations: Children and their families are asked to help identify the patterns made out of stars by inserting star shapes to light-up a constellation.
* Isa’s Flower Garden: Preschool visitors may tour Isa’s Garden to pick flowers, interact with bird, butterfly, and insect puppets, and pretend-fly with toddler-sized bird and butterfly wings.
* Tico’s Tree and Car: Dora is a good friend to Tico the squirrel and young visitors are invited to be a good friend to Tico, too. Tico needs help picking nuts from the tree for a family picnic.
* Pirate Ship: In the Pirate Ship, preschoolers can dress like a pirate and join the Pirate Piggies crew to pretend-play by sailing the ship and divvying up the treasure.
* Animal Rescue Center: Young children can practice helping and caring for rainforest animals in Diego’s Animal Rescue Center.
* Rainforest Maze: Preschoolers can explore a rain forest to locate rainforest animals.
Dora and Diego—Let’s Explore! will be open from Saturday 8th October 2016, through Sunday 8th January 2017, in the Castle Memorial Building. Be sure to bring your little explorer to play along with Dora, Diego, and their friends so they can say "We did it!" too!
The exhibits' presenting contributing sponsors are Kamehameha Federal Credit Union & PASHA Hawaii.
For the latest information
Full information about the Bishop Museum's Dora and Diego - Let’s Explore! exhibit can be found on BishopMuseum.org.
H/T: Hawaii News Now.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon, Dora the Explorer and Go, Diego, Go! News and Highlights!