Monday, March 05, 2012

Mail On Sunday Interviews Nickelodeon Star Victoria Justice

From the Mail on Sunday:
Starlet fever: We’re ready for our close-up

Move over Keira, Carey and co – there’s a new group of awesome young actresses poised to take over our screens this year. We caught up with six stars in waiting to talk about big breaks, style secrets and hanging out with some of the hottest names in showbiz...

[...]

The singing sensation

Victoria Justice, 19, is an American singer/songwriter and actress. She started her career aged ten and starred in Zoey 101 with Jamie Lynn Spears before landing the lead role in Victorious on Nickelodeon. She has just finished the Josh Schwartz-directed movie
Fun Size, which will be out later this year.

Did you always want to be an actress? I’ve been modelling and acting since I was young – I’ve always felt comfortable with the camera.
Could you ever choose between acting and singing? Victorious enabled me to combine the two, as my character goes to a performing-arts school. To me, Justin Timberlake has had the perfect career – he was in a boy band and now he’s in Oscar-nominated films. I recently did my first concert, in front of 8,000 people in Los Angeles – as I walked off stage I told my mum that I was addicted to performing and never wanted to do anything else.

Have you had to make sacrifices for success? My family moved from Florida to California so I could pursue performing. We lived in a town called Hollywood in Florida and people used to say I was born in the wrong Hollywood! My mum travels everywhere with me and is almost like a best friend.

Dream role? A very meaty, gritty part – such as Sienna Miller’s Edie Sedgwick in Factory Girl.

Starstruck moment? I presented an award at last year’s MTV Video Music Awards – it was amazing to be included in such fabulous company. Lady Gaga and BeyoncĂ© were there and I’d love to be able to perform there one day.

Beauty secret? Dot brown eyeliner on to pimples to create beauty spots!

Flats or heels? I’m always in heels for work, so in everyday life it’s flats.

Ultimate splurge? A car – but I need to pass my test first!

Celebrity crush? Joseph Gordon-Levitt from 500 Days of Summer – when I watch it I think, ‘I want a boyfriend just like you!’

Constantly mistaken for? Nina Dobrev from The Vampire Diaries. She’s gorgeous, so I don’t mind!

Watch Victorious daily on Nickelodeon (nick.co.uk/victorious). The album Victorious: Music From the Hit TV Show is out now

You can read the full news feature here on the official Mail on Sunday website, MailOnSunday.co.uk.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.