Friday, August 09, 2019

'RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars' Winner Monét X Change Working on New Animated Nickelodeon Show

Monét X Change, who recently became the first-ever black winner of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars, has announced the exciting news that she's going to be part of a Nickelodeon show!


In an interview with EW.com, the 28-year-old North American drag queen, singer, and reality television personality from Brooklyn, New York revealed: "I have a Nickelodeon series I’m going to be a part of. I can’t really say what the project is, but it’s on Nickelodeon and comes out in 2020."

Update (5/23) - Monét X Change has revealed in an interview with Metro Weekly that the new Nickelodeon show she is currently working on is animated, and that she is currently in the studio recording lines for it!

Update (5/23) - Monét X Change has revealed in an interview with The Oprah Magazine that Nickelodeon is slated to announce her new animated series very soon!:

"Honestly, I don’t feel a whole lot has changed since winning. Being on Drag Race in general has afforded me amazing opportunities. I’m on a Nickelodeon cartoon series that will be announced really soon, and I’ve done Pepsi commercials with Cardi B. It’s getting me to think about one of my biggest dreams, which is having my own talk show—a goal of mine since I was a high schooler. To be a professional queen in New York City, it requires being a good host, and I love to talk. I love the drama of talk shows and the way of using your own comedy as a way to make people comfortable. [In May, she began hosting The X Change Rate as part of the Build series.]"

In addition to being crowned the winner of RuPaul's Drag Race All Stars season four, along with fellow competitor Trinity The Tuck, who are now both being entered into the prestigious Drag Race Hall of Fame, Monét (whose real name Kevin Bertin) has also recently been seen in the Pepsi Super Bowl commercial with Cardi B, and is planning to release her debut EP Unapologetically, made in collaboration with artists who’ve clocked time with Whitney Houston, Justin Bieber, and Michael Jackson, on Friday, February 22, 2019!

I also have my EP and my visual album that people have been reacting to so positively. People are recognizing that I’m trying to take drag into the mainstream realm because in my heart of hearts I think drag is a magical thing, Monét told EW.com.

Monét wouldn't be the first star of RuPaul's Drag Race to cross over to Nickelodeon: RuPaul guest starred in an episode of Nickelodeon's hit CG-animated preschool series Bubble Guppies in 2015, in which he voiced RuPearl, a fashionable sea snail that serves as a ringside boxing announcer.

Check out Monét's super interview with Entertainment Weekly in full on EW.com!

More Nick: Nickelodeon Embarks on New Direction with its Biggest, Most Wide-Ranging Content Slate Ever | Nick Upfront 2019!

Originally published: Monday, February 18, 2019.

Additional sources: Wikipedia (I, II), Billboard, Google.co.uk.

Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Reddit, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.