Saturday, April 15, 2017

Jace Norman Spills Behind-the-Scenes Secrets About the Early Days of Nickelodeon's "Henry Danger"

Henry Danger heartthrob Jace Norman may be one of the biggest faces of Nickelodeon now, but there was a time when the actor was just a kid at an audition with big dreams of snagging a role!


In a recent interview with NKD magazine, Jace opened up about what it was like leading up to being cast as Henry in the hit comedy series. Turns out, he really didn't know a whole lot when he went into it.



“I was auditioning for all the Nickelodeon stuff and then there this Dan Schneider project, and I didn’t know who he was at the time,” Jace said about the guy who created some of the most iconic Nick shows like Drake & Josh, Zoey 101, iCarly, Victorious, Sam & Cat, The Amanda Show, and Game Shakers.

“I looked him up and was like, ‘Oh wow, he made all my favorite shows growing up.’ He created all of the Nickelodeon shows basically, like Zoey 101, Drake and Josh, and iCarly," Jace spilled.



As for what exactly Dan looking for in his audition, Jace still has no clue. However, he does remember the role he had to portray.

“I don’t know if he just sees if you have comedic timing or what, but it’s this weird sketch where you play a character called Alex, who’s auditioning for a part. The character plays different characters," the Nickelodeon star revealed.



So what as it like finally finding out that he was cast as Henry in Henry Danger?! Well, it's actually little more complicated. You see, the show was originally named something totally different.

“I knew I was one of the leads, but I didn’t know I was playing Henry, it was called like, Marve Mars, and I played David,” he confessed. “I think people did that so we couldn’t tell what was going on. I was like, ‘Oh, I’m Henry of Henry Danger’ when I got the script.”



Henry wasn't even going to be the name of Jace's character?! Can you imagine how different the show would be?!

You can read NKD's full article and interview with Jace, which also talks about how Jace became interested in acting after watching Star Wars and his first role on Jessie, below!:





More Nick: Nickelodeon Filming "Henry Danger"/"Game Shakers" Crossover Special!

Original source: Twist.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon and Henry Danger News and Highlights!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.