NickALive!'s pick of Nickelodeon news, highlights and more from around the internet!:
- The Big Ballot! The Gold Knight team has compiled the nominees for Nickelodeon’s 2017 Kids’ Choice Awards into one aweslime document! Download the ballot, print it out and pass out during your KCA party!
- Nickelodeon films new commercial in Santa Clarita!
- Following success of viral SpongeBob SquarePants milkshake video, Gerald Yarborough, an art director with Nickelodeon who spearheaded the SpongeBob shake. Mr. Yarborough added that Nickelodeon is “in talks to do something even larger” with Black Tap!
- Bob Costas is stepping down as host of NBC’s Olympics coverage; Rumored to host a new show on Nickelodeon!
- Josh Peck should be Oprah’s Campaign manager if she runs for President! #Oprah2020
- Peppa Pig features in WH Smith window displays; Heaven Made Foods of Holt launches Peppa Pig’s Strawberry Flavour Jelly single serve jelly pots, featuring a Peppa-shaped pot that doubles up as a re-useable mould!
- Dance Academy star and 2017 Nickelodeon Kids’ Choice Awards nominee Ashleigh Ross Shares 10 Fun Facts With Just Jared Jr.! “I was so excited to find out that this year I have been nominated for a 2017 Kids Choice Award!” Ashleigh told JJJ. “Just a really quick thank you to everyone who made this possible. So much love.”
- Mexico's Giuliana Olmos joined forces with WTA Charities and a handful of ATP players at the Abierto Mexicano Telcel to give underprivileged kids in Acapulco the experience of a lifetime at the 24th edition of AMT Kids Day by Nickelodeon.
- The top 6 Nicktoons to rewatch on Hulu right now!
- SpongeBob Moves In number 5 Top Paid iPad App (week ending March 5, 2017)!
- Former iCarly star Miranda Cosgrove has booked a series regular role in NBC’s space-travel comedy pilot Spaced Out, from the Undateable duo of creator/executive producer Adam Sztykiel and executive producer Bill Lawrence!
- Escape the Room Game Long Island recreates Nickelodeon's Legends of a Hidden Temple!
- Nickelodeon executives scout new trends at 114th North American International Toy Fair!
- Viacom is "well along" in picking new Paramount leadership, says CEO Bob Bakish.
- Nickelodeon child stars of the '90s: Where are they now?
- See what these 15 Nickelodeon stars look like now!
- Viacom enters into second round of interviews with Paramount Pictures’ candidates.
Viacom Vet Niels Schuurmans Named CMO Paramount Network, TV Land & CMT.
-- More: Viacom Veteran Niels Schuurmans Tapped as Marketing Chief for Paramount Network.
Schuurmans began his career at Nickelodeon where he lead the development and launch of classic Nickelodeon franchises such as The Big Help, SlimeTime Live, U-Pick Live and Snick, among others. He also was behind the marketing of Nickelodeon’s foray into features film business with the Rugrats movies, The Wild Thornberrys movies and SpongeBob’s intro to the big screen.
- Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn actress Lydia Boland stars in ABC miniseries When We Rise!
- Dutch telco KPN has added Spike as a 24-hour channel to its IPTV offer! Its units XS4All and Telfort also offer the channel 24/7, reports TotaalTV, and Spike is also available on Caiway and T-Mobile. All the providers offering Spike as a full channel also now offer Nickelodeon as a 24-hour channel. TotaalTV reports as well as that KPN is moving ahead with moving HD channels up in its programme guide. Set-top box firmware was updated a few weeks ago, and customers will gradually see the HD version of channels appear first in the channel list.
Desiree Ross nearly became a Nickelodeon star.
On The Guestlist: Steve Burns — Steve Burns just released a new album, “Foreverywhere,” with longtime collaborator Steven Drozd of The Flaming Lips. This time it’s heavily influenced by his past — specifically his time as the host of Nickelodeon’s Blue’s Clues. The Guestlist podcast talks about the show, his relationship with Drozd, figuring out a path in life, and how being short helped him become “fame-ish,” as he says.
- The Rapid City Rush hosts Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Night, with first arrivals receiving Nickelodeon activity books!
In conjunction with its current exhibition, "Hanna-Barbera: The Architects of Saturday Morning," the Norman Rockwell Museum presented a talk with Fred Seibert! Seibert served as the last president of Hanna-Barbera from 1992 to 1996. Seibert's leadership at Hanna-Barbera and MTV Networks, his rebranding of Nickelodeon and creating cartoons for a new generation will be discussed during the Q&A with museum curator Jesse Kowalski. The exhibit focuses primarily on the golden years of the studio — from the premiere of its first cartoon, The Ruff and Reddy Show, in 1957 and The Huckleberry Hound Show in 1958 to the debut of Scooby-Doo, Where Are You! in 1969.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon News and Highlights!