Leading kids and family entertainment brand Nickelodeon is bringing in a bumper crop of over 600 original and acquired episodes of new and returning series to Asia in 2017!
The network has increased its content pipeline year-on-year across preschool, animation, live-action and TV movie/specials genres. During the 2017-2018 programming season, viewers can catch at least seven new shows and TV movies such as the Nickelodeon original animated series Bunsen is a Beast and Pinky Malinky, and the Nickelodeon Original Movie Legends of the Hidden Temple.
Four new preschool series are slated to premiere in the year and these include Rusty Rivets, which debuted across Asia earlier this month on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr., and Nella the Princess Knight. From February 2017 through March 2018, the network will debut an international, year-long “SpongeBob Gold” campaign. Fans can expect new SpongeBob SquarePants episodes, videos, games, and themed on-air packaging, logo, and look for Nickelodeon websites along with activities rolled out all year long.
The “SpongeBob Gold” campaign kicked off with the first initiative “The Golden Krabby Patty Spectacular” where fans could visit www.nick-asia.com/krabbypatty for Krabby Patty themed games, videos, and the chance to win prizes. They were also invited to tune into the channel on 24 February to catch three hours of the wackiest Krabby Patty-themed episodes which also included the premiere of the brand new SpongeBob SquarePants episode "Goodbye, Krabby Patty?", guest starring Jon Hamm (Mad Men) as the charismatic, sharp-witted and devastatingly charming advertising agency executive Don Grouper.
Nickelodeon’s hottest preschool property PAW Patrol has been on a roll with the show being picked up for a fourth season. It is hitting the road with its first-ever live stage show PAW Patrol Live!: Race to the Rescue and in Asia, the show heads first to the Philippines in June. Last year, a number of on the ground PAW Patrol events and appearances were held in Indonesia, Malaysia, Philippines and Singapore, and the PAW Patrol Pups Take Flight app based on the series was released.
Other preschool programmes that have been renewed include Blaze and the Monster Machines for season four and Shimmer and Shine for season three. Live-action series that have been renewed include Henry Danger for season four, Game Shakers for season three, and The Thundermans for season four. The second season of animated series The Loud House will premiere on Nickelodeon Asia this year.
Following are details of Nickelodeon’s 2017 content pipeline on-air and on the Nickelodeon Play app (Singapore users):
- Joining Nickelodeon’s preschool lineup in Asia are the following new series along with new seasons of PAW Patrol, which will air on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr., Blaze and the Monster Machines, and Shimmer and Shine:
- Becca’s Bunch is a new animated comedy series which revolves around Becca, a unique little bird. The series will air on Nickelodeon and Nick Jr.;
- The Day Henry Met is a new animated series about Henry, a four-year-old boy who always wants to learn and find out more.
- Additionally, Nick Jr. will air new episodes of Max & Ruby, Wallykazam! and Zack & Quack. Additional Nick Jr. content such as videos, games, and fun activities can be accessed from the newly launched nickjr.tv website.
- Nickelodeon will premiere new seasons of SpongeBob SquarePants (season 10), The Loud House (season two), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (season five) along with a slate of new animated series in Asia.
- Bunsen is a Beast is an original animated comedy which follows the adventures of Bunsen, the first beast to attend a human grade school, and his best friend and classmate Mikey, who guides Bunsen through the ups and downs of life as a human. The series will premiere on the Nickelodeon channel and Nickelodeon Play app.
- Mysticons is a half-hour action series about four girls who transform into legendary warriors and band together to save their realm from an evil queen, Necrafa.
- Pinky Malinky is a mockumentary series following the everyday life of Pinky Malinky, an infectiously positive hot dog living in a human world.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles follows four mutant turtles trained in the art of ninjutsu by their mutant rat sensei, Master Splinter, who teaches the turtles to battle evil from the New York City sewers. To premiere on the Nickelodeon Play app and Nickelodeon channel.
- Nickelodeon will also air new episodes of returning animated series Tales of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (TMNT season five; to air on the Nickelodeon Play app and Nickelodeon channel), ALVINNN!!! and The Chipmunks, Harvey Beaks, Pig Goat Banana Cricket, Rabbids: Invasion, Regal Academy, and The Fairly OddParents.
- Joining Nickelodeon’s live-action lineup are the following new series: Hunter Street is an adventure comedy series. When Mr and Mrs Hunter go missing, it’s up to their foster children to unravel the mystery while keeping up appearances that everything’s fine. Rank the Prank is a unique prank show that empowers everyday kids by teaming them up with the world’s top special effects teams to stage the most incredible and entertaining pranks ever seen on TV! The show is now available on the Nickelodeon Play app and is currently airing on Nickelodeon Philippines.
- Nickelodeon will also air new episodes of returning live-action series Game Shakers (season two), Henry Danger (season three), Nicky, Ricky, Dicky & Dawn (season two), School of Rock (season two), and The Thundermans (season four). Nickelodeon’s marquee TV events, movies and specials will return this year. Also, joining Nickelodeon’s lineup are the following new TV movies, Legends of the Hidden Temple is a new action-adventure movie drawing from the iconic game show’s premise of kids competing to retrieve artefacts from a mysterious Mayan temple. Rufus 2 is the sequel you’ve been itching for – Rufus is back as the Dog who became a dude. Starring Jace Norman (Henry Danger) as Rufus, Davis Cleveland (Legendary Dudas) and Manny, Haley Tju (Bella and the Bulldogs) as Paige, and Jade Pettyjohn (School of Rock) as Kat.
More Nick: Top-Rated Nickelodeon Charts Path Beyond TV, Details Content Pipeline Of Almost 700 New Episodes In Every Genre!
Original source: Television Asia Plus.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon Asia News and Highlights!