NickALive!'s pick of Nickelodeon news, highlights and more from around the internet!:
- Nickelodeon UK backs 2017 Blackpool Light Fund event!
- Shane's Inspiration, an international nonprofit dedicated to creating inclusive playgrounds and educational programs that foster social inclusion for children with disabilities, is hosting its 16th annual fundraising gala on Saturday, March 4, 2017. Game Shakers star Cree Cicchino as a honoree.
- Netflix UK to add episodes 9-13 of Power Rangers Dino Super Charge on Wednesday 15th March 2017!
Former Nickelodeon star Steve Burns from Blue's Clues (US version) is now in a band with Steven Drozd of The Flaming Lips! The 43-year-old, who cut his teeth on acting by playing the quirky, mystery-solving owner of a blue cartoon puppy in the '90s, is now writing and performing music for the pint-sized crowd in the group STEVENSTEVEN. Their album, "Foreverywhere," which debuted Friday, features 11 songs that are not quite just for kids. The first single off the album "The Unicorn and Princess Rainbow" has hints of David Bowie and Neil Diamond and is complete with a psychedelic guitar solo. "It was a little bit of rebelling against the clichés of what makes kiddie music, kiddie music," Burns explained. "What age group is 'Puff the Magic Dragon for?" he questioned. "I don't know." "We both don't think there's a huge difference anyway in what makes music awesome for kids and what makes music awesome for adults," he continued. Drozd explained that the kid part of the album isn't necessarily the music, but what Burns is trying to get across. "It's what you're saying, and how you re explaining certain things, and certain things that make it — "oh oh now I'm pooping in the toilet bowl,'" he told The News, referencing some of the song lyrics. "If you're an adult and that's really moving you, then you got some other things to worry about," Drozd joked. Burns quickly chimed in: "I disagree, our criteria was … if we're writing a funny song it has to be funny to us, and if we're writing an inspiring song about loss and longing it has to move us." Burns hasn't appeared on screen for a television show since. In fact, he never intended to in the first place. He thought his Blue's Clues audition was for a voice-over role. "I just wasn't paying attention," he said of his 1995 audition.
- Nickelodeon's PAW Patrol and Nick Jr. UK's Peppa Pig continue to do well in preschool toys sector!
- A host of stars and their families came out to wish DHX Media's Teletubbies a happy 20th anniversary on Sunday 26th February 2017!
- Alison Bakunowich, General Manager, Nickelodeon UK & Ireland meets with Cyma Zarghami, President of Nickelodeon to find out about her career journey, business plans and forecasts for the industry!:
- Power Rangers movie takes over Toymaster window display!
- Penguin Ventures has entered a number of licensing agreements to further expand the Peter Rabbit brand, among others!
- Keith Alcorn, Jimmy Neutron: Boy Genius animator, remembers night at the Oscars!
- Invader Zim animator Tim Pyle illustrates exoplanets orbiting stars in the Milky Way!
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon News and Highlights!