- JoJo Siwa Performs 'Boomerang' at Nickelodeon HALO Awards 2016! Jojo Siwa just had the time of her life performing at the 2016 Nickelodeon Halo Awards in New York City on Friday night (November 11)! The "Boomerang" singer hit the stage to perform her powerful anthem after walking the Orange Carpet earlier. “Such an amazing night performing at the Halo Awards in NYC !!!!!” Jojo reacted on her Instagram. ICYMI, Jojo just struck an licensing partnership deal with Nickelodeon for a line of consumer products — ranging from apparel, home furnishings, toys, publishing and more!
- The School of Rock cast got to play skeeball at the 2016 Nickelodeon Halo Awards (November 11)! Stars Aidan Miner, Jade Pettyjohn, Lance Lim, Breanna Yde, and Ricardo Hurtado tried their hand at the popular carnival game during the event held in New York City before the ceremony!
- Hailee Steinfeld, Daya & Alessia Cara Show Some Girl Power at HALO Awards
- Hailee Steinfeld wowed the crowd in a yellow sheer number as she leads stars down the Orange Carpet at the 2016 Nickelodeon Halo Awards! The 19-year-old singer and actress was joined on the carpet by Alessia Cara, Zedd, Jason Derulo and Daya! During the awards, Hailee performed her single with Zedd titled "Starving"! See nore: Hailee Steinfeld’s yellow patterned dress is a modernist autumn dream!
- Kira Kosarin, Isabela Moner, Jack Griffo, Breanna Yde and Jade Pettyjohn e le star di Nickelodeon agli HALO Awards: scopri i look!
- To celebrate the 2016 Nickelodeon Halo Awards, School of Rock star Breanna Yde took over Just Jared Jr.'s Instagram Stories on Friday 11th November 2016!
Pop music's hottest stars--Jason Derulo, Hailee Steinfeld, Zedd, Alessia Cara, and Daya--are coming together for the 2016 Nickelodeon HALO Awards, a concert special honoring four young community leaders who are changing the world by “Helping and Leading Others” (HALO). Led by host, creator and executive producer Nick Cannon, the one-hour musical event will also feature a special performance by JoJo Siwa, along with appearances by music artists Jake Miller and Jacob Whitesides, and stars of Nickelodeon’s hit shows, The Thundermans and School of Rock. The 2016 Nickelodeon HALO Awards, held at New York’s Pier 36, will be simulcast Sunday, Nov. 27, at 7 p.m. (ET/PT), across Nickelodeon, TeenNick and Nicktoons USA!
The 2016 Nickelodeon HALO Awards will feature: global chart-topper Jason Derulo performing a medley of his greatest hits; multi-platinum recording artist and Academy Award-nominated actress Hailee Steinfeld and production duo Grey, with a performance of “Starving,” featuring Grammy-winning DJ and producer Zedd, who will also take the lead for an all-star finale; pop singer/songwriter Alessia Cara, with her inspiring hit “Scars To Your Beautiful;” and multi-platinum artist Daya, performing her girl-power anthem, “Sit Still, Look Pretty.” Additionally, Dance Moms star JoJo Siwa will make her TV performance debut with her viral anti-bullying hit “Boomerang.”
This year’s Nickelodeon HALO Awards honorees are:
* Grace Callwood, 12, Abingdon, Md. – Grace Callwood was diagnosed with cancer at the age of seven. After gaining weight from the chemotherapy, she donated her brand new back-to-school clothes to two girls who had recently lost everything in a fire. This act of kindness inspired Callwood to start the We Cancerve Movement, Inc., an organization that creates activities to bring happiness to homeless, sick and foster children through events and donated goods. Through the efforts of nearly 2000 volunteers, We Cancerve has been able to help over 3,700 kids in need.
* Jonas Corona, 13, Long Beach, Calif. – Jonas Corona was inspired to help others after meeting a homeless kid his own age on Los Angeles’ Skid Row. Corona started his own organization, Love in the Mirror, which provides disadvantaged youth and their families with basic necessities such as food, clothing and learning materials. Over 45,000 homeless people have been impacted by the organization’s fundraising and donation efforts.
* Lillian Pravda, 16, New York, N.Y. – After undergoing several surgeries to correct a cataract, Lillian Pravda learned that not every child in need of eye care is able to receive it. Pravda initially started Vision for and from Children to help comfort young patients in a pediatric surgical unit, but soon grew it into an organization that supports children across the globe by providing access to sight-saving surgeries and vision services.
* Chris Suggs, 16, Kinston, N.C. ‐In response to the rising crime rate and education problems in his hometown, Chris Suggs created Kinston Teens, Inc. to help provide local youth with civic and community service opportunities. Over 1300 kids have participated in Kinston Teens projects to date, which include street cleanups, voter registration drives, mentoring programs and a youth leadership summit.
2016 Nickelodeon HALO Awards will also feature appearances by stars from Nick’s hit series The Thundermans and School of Rock. During the special, the fan-favorite stars will help raise money for the organizations of the HALO Award honorees by going head-to-head in classic arcade games.
nick.com/halo16 and the Nick App are the official digital destinations for all things HALO. Kids can learn about the Nickelodeon HALO Awards, watch original short form videos, flip through exclusive show pics, take interactive polls, hit rockin’ Do Not Touch buttons and find out which stars will be singing the songs you love alongside Nick Cannon at the concert event of the season. During the Nov. 27 premiere, kids will be able to watch the concert unfold through real-time updates to our content stream featuring behind-the-scenes photos, videos and memes. Kids will also be able to interact with the show through our second-screen experience, where they can create their own shareable memes, play along in real time during each challenge and unlock exclusive content throughout the broadcast!
Photos & Videos copyright their respective owners, including Getty Images.
Follow NickALive! on Twitter, Tumblr, Google+, via RSS, on Instagram, and/or Facebook for the latest Nickelodeon HALO Awards 2016 News and Highlights!