Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Nickelodeon Star Ariana Grande Misquoted In Recent Seventeen Interview; Didn't Have A "Bad Time" On "Victorious"

The entertainment news website Digital Spy is reporting the Nickelodeon Star news in the following article that, in response to being misquoted in "Seventeen", a American magazine for teenagers, as saying that a member of the cast of "Victorious" had made her "so unhappy" during filming, Nickelodeon celebrity Ariana Grande ("Sam & Cat") has posted a post on her official Tumblr blog to clarify that she had actually been speaking about an unpleasant experience she had while performing on on Broadway in 2008. Grande added: "My years filming Victorious were some of the HAPPIEST of my life and that cast is family to me... Please please don't send hate to anyone. It's undeserved. The point of answering the [original] question [for Seventeen magazine] in the first place was to help those of you who are dealing with bullying, not to start drama. I apologise for the commotion."

No matter where Ariana Grande was bullied, I think we can all agree that bullying is a terrible thing that must be stopped. If you or a friend have been a victim of bullying, of you find more useful info here on Nickelodeon UK's "See Something Say Something" website. Nick UK's "See Something Say Something" campaign is in association with ChildLine 0800 1111:
Ariana Grande denies 'Victorious' drama: 'I was misquoted'

Ariana Grande has denied saying that she was bullied on the set of Victorious.

The Sam & Cat star was quoted in Seventeen as saying that a member of the Victorious cast had made her "so unhappy" during filming.


Ariana Grande; © WENN / Judy Eddy
However, Grande later took to her Tumblr page to clarify that she had been speaking about an experience on Broadway in 2008.

"It's my responsibility to clear up the drama today," she said. "I was misquoted in an interview and I've been very upset and disappointed all day.

"I was asked about bullying and I thought I'd share some of my personal experiences so that I could share how I overcame it with my fans and hopefully be a help to the people who look up to me and are dealing with being bullied. However, unfortunately I was a little too vague in my interview and conclusions were drawn and fingers were pointed."

Grande added: "My years filming Victorious were some of the HAPPIEST of my life and that cast is family to me... Please please don't send hate to anyone. It's undeserved. The point of answering the question in the first place was to help those of you who are dealing with bullying, not to start drama. I apologise for the commotion."

Grande also appeared to complain about the confusion on her Twitter page [‏@ArianaGrande], writing: "Sometimes things get blown out of proportion and misquoted. I'm really not a fan of drama. I guess just breathe and move on. #allLove."

Sam & Cat airs Saturdays on Nickelodeon [USA].