Thursday, October 25, 2012

Nickelodeon Star And "Victorious" Actress Victoria Justice Announces Plans To Release Her First Album In 2013

From Digital Spy UK:
Victoria Justice to release first album in 2013: It's going to be pop

Fun Size star reveals to Digital Spy plans for a pop-based album next year.

Victoria Justice has revealed that she is planning to release her first album in 2013.

Speaking to Digital Spy ahead of the release of new movie Fun Size, the Victorious star said that she wants to write her own songs for the LP.

> 'Fun Size' Victoria Justice interview: I want to be Cher for Halloween "I'm so excited about it, I've been talking about this for a while, I've just really been taking my time," she said. "I want to be 100 per cent involved in the creative process - I want to write my own songs, I just need to set aside some time but I will towards the end of this year, beginning of next year. It will probably be released next year."
Asked what genre her album would fall into, Justice added: "It's going to be classified as pop, but I'm not exactly sure yet. I'm still figuring out what direction I want to go in because I feel like my taste in music is so eclectic. "I love organic soul music and I love dance music so I have to find exactly what lane I want to go down. I'm definitely going to be writing all of it." Justice added that she is ready to explore new career opportunities after her Nickelodeon show Victorious wasn't picked up for a fourth series. "I thought for sure we'd get picked up for another season, we're like the number one show on the network," she said. "I just found out wrapping season 3 that we were nominated for three Emmys, so of course I thought we were coming back. I'm obviously so grateful for the experience I had on the show, it's opened up so many doors for me but I'm ready to move on." Justice's new movie Fun Size will open in UK and US cinemas on October 29. > 'Fun Size' Victoria Justice interview: I want to be Cher for Halloween > Victoria Justice, Chelsea Handler in 'Fun Size' video clip - watch > Nickelodeon opts out of fourth season of 'Victorious'