Friday, April 06, 2012

Nickelodeon And "iCarly" Stars Jeanette McCurdy And Nathan Kress On The Future And Being A Role Model

From Yahoo! TV:
'iCarly' Stars Jeanette McCurdy and Nathan Kress on the Future and Being a Role Model

During a recent interview, cast members Nathan Kress and Jeanette McCurdy from Nickelodeon's hit television show "iCarly" share some of their plans for the future and their thoughts on being role models.

You recently filmed an episode with the hot new band from England, One Direction. What was that like?

Jeanette: Great! They are sweet, easy-going, and fun dudes.

Nathan: It was really fun! We had a great time getting to know them and hang out. The five of us blended with the five of them pretty well, I'd say.

Jeanette, one parent of a fan wanted to know do you see Sam growing up and becoming a good role model on the show? Any hints as to what we can expect to see from Sam in the near future?

Jeanette: Sam's a great role model! She's confident, loyal to her friends, smart, and true to who she is.

You have an album coming out sometime this year. One fan wanted to know how old you were when you starting writing songs?

Jeanette: I was definitely in my single digits. I would write poems and think up melodies to them later.

In one interview you mentioned a number of popular country western singers and bands as being among your favorite musicians and music, and even helping you with the new album. Will there be a strong "country" component to the music?

Jeanette: The music that I've made in the past has had strong contemporary country roots, but I think moving on in music, I will branch out from that a bit.

One fan would like to know what is your favorite "thing" about acting?

Jeanette: Making people feel not alone.

Nathan: My favorite thing about acting is that I can play all kinds of different people. Frankly, I don't consider myself a very interesting person, so the characters I play are usually much more fun.

Nathan, I know you have been a voice in the movies "The Penguins of Madagascar," "Babe: Pig in the City," and "Chicken Little," as well as several other television appearances on shows like "CSI" and "Without a Trace." What is next for you? Miranda has been seen on "Law and Order: SVU" and with your other crime-time drama guest star roles, any chance we could see you on there? Where else should fans look for you in the near future?

Nathan: Honestly, I don't know for sure what will happen after "iCarly ." I'm always looking at scripts, and I still audition for other roles I'm interested in. I'd love to do "SVU"! I'm a big fan of the show, and I worked with Chris Meloni in a Nickelodeon movie several years ago, so it would be fun to see him again.

Do you feel you are a role model to other kids who are watching you on TV? If so, what do you do to live up to that "title"?

Jeanette: Being a role model is cool and a great honor. I'm grateful to be considered one and will live up to that title by encouraging kids to eat their Wheaties and brush their teeth often.

Nathan: I definitely feel like kids do look up to me as a potential role model. It's an honor, but it can also be a burden. I may be on TV, but I'm also a teenager. I don't get it right every time. But I always do my absolute best to stay above board in every way. My fans inspire me to be a better person.

All work and no play, make "Jack and Jill" dull. What are some of your favorite things to do when you aren't working?

Jeanette: I love going to the movie theatre, seeing live comedy, and going to amusement parks.

Nathan: My biggest hobby is airsoft, which is similar to paintball. Essentially, it's military simulation, but the guns shoot plastic BBs. My friends and I go out in the woods or the desert and play all day long! I'm an outdoorsy guy, but I also enjoy the average teenager stuff -- video games, movies, hanging with friends. I'm just a normal guy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Have your say by leaving a comment below! NickALive! welcomes friendly and respectful comments. Please familiarize with the blog's Comment Policy before commenting. All new comments are moderated and won't appear straight away.